This Story Matters Teacher Corps
In an effort to more vigorously expand our book rationale database, NCTE is announcing a new members-only opportunity for educators to get involved in this work: the This Story Matters Teacher Corps. As a Teacher Corps member, you will gain a deeper understanding of the importance of book rationales and learn how to create them more effectively.
This opportunity is open to all NCTE member literacy educators, and we encourage K–12 teachers to apply. A stipend of $1,500 will be provided to each Corps member.
Area(s) of Expertise
Fellowship/Cohort; Reviewing; Writing
Committee Member Expectations
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing eight new rationales and reviewing additional rationales
- Collaborating during monthly one-hour meetings with fellow members and NCTE staff
- Reading or re-reading titles of books under consideration
- Recommending additional ways to increase database functionality
Having a passion for and commitment to texts and students is at the core of this opportunity, requiring deep thinking and dedicated time for the Corps. Work will begin November 1, 2023, and conclude July 31, 2024.
- Time Commitment: 1 year or less
- Deadline: No deadline
- Position Type: Appointed by September 30, 2023
- No Travel Required
Questions? Contact NCTECommittees@ncte.org