CEL Virtual Social Hours
A Resource from the Conference on English Leadership
Born out of the 2020 pandemic, the Conference on English Leadership offered Virtual Social Networking Hours to connect the community and provide opportunities to share during this crisis.
CEL hosted sessions that were well-received and provided a valuable space for connection. Moving forward we recognize the value and good produced from these virtual meetings.
These gatherings are open to CEL members, NCTE members, as well as non-members. Want to see if CEL is a place for you to learn professionally? These sessions are casual and serve to connect literacy leaders in our work, challenges, and movements. Join one or more sessions to connect with other literacy leaders.
Here is the schedule for the Fall 2021 CEL Virtual Social Hours:
- Friday, August 27th (5:30 p.m. ET) and Saturday, August 28th (4:00 p.m. ET), 2021 (Sign up here)
- Friday, September 24th (5:30 p.m. ET) and Saturday, September 25th (4:00 p.m. ET), 2021 (Sign up here)
- Friday, October 22nd (5:30 p.m. ET) and Saturday, October 23rd (4:00 p.m. ET), 2021 (Sign up here)
- We will see you for our CEL 2021 Convention in November!
- Friday, December 10th (5:30 p.m. ET) and Saturday, December 11th (4:00 p.m. ET), 2021 (Sign up here)
Those who sign up will receive an email receipt when they register, and will also receive reminders the week before and then also the day before or morning of the social hour.