Early Career Presenter Scholarship
Six scholarships to attend NCTE’s Annual Convention are granted each year by ELATE’s Commission to Support Early Career ELA Teachers in their first 1-5 years full-time classroom teaching and who present in approved session at NCTE annual convention. The award—complimentary convention registration—is available also is available to emeritus ELATE mentors who will be presenting in an approved session. The scholarship is open to new teachers and retired ELATE mentors at every grade level and type of school.
Special consideration may be given to applicants from host city.
Additional selection criteria include:
- Teachers from various areas (urban, suburban, exurban, rural, etc.);
- Teachers representing diverse school populations (language/culture);
- One emeritus level member for every two new teachers;
- No candidates with connections to Commission officers;
- Written statement including reason for application and relationship of the applicant’s presentation to the convention theme (if relevant)
The deadline to complete the application form is extended to September 15. Recipients will be notified by October 1.