Welcome to the NCTE event calendar! Here, you can find a list of events, including webinars, workshops, and in-person conferences. These events provide opportunities for English language arts teachers to learn new strategies and techniques, network with colleagues, and stay up-to-date on the latest research and best practices in the field.
If you have an event that you would like to submit to be included on the NCTE event calendar, please fill out the event submission form. To be considered, events must align with the mission of NCTE and be of professional interest to English language arts teachers. We hope to see you at one of our upcoming events!
If you’re hosting an event you’d like to share, submit your event here.
- This event has passed.
African American Read-In with UMSL’s College of Education
February 8, 2021 - February 28, 2021
The College of Education at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is participating in the African American Read-In in various ways. Participating students and teachers can register for giftcard give-aways to local African-American owned bookstore – EyeSeeMe.
- Teachers and students at our UMSL Literacy Clinic sites will read works by African-American authors
- Family literacy activities
- Read the poem Knoxville, TN by Nikki Giovanni as a mentor text to spark our own “home” poems
- Invite families to share their own favorite books, poems, or excerpts by African American authors.
- Local St. Louis children’s author Andrea Scott will read her book Smile Big, Dream Bigger
- Book discussion of Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi with area teachers
- Local African American writers (both youth and adult) invited to share readings of their works via video that we will post on our Gateway Writing Project website during the month of February for teachers to share with students
- Teachers invited to share classroom Read-In events with us to be included in our UMSL celebration