Welcome to the NCTE event calendar! Here, you can find a list of events, including webinars, workshops, and in-person conferences. These events provide opportunities for English language arts teachers to learn new strategies and techniques, network with colleagues, and stay up-to-date on the latest research and best practices in the field.
If you have an event that you would like to submit to be included on the NCTE event calendar, please fill out the event submission form. To be considered, events must align with the mission of NCTE and be of professional interest to English language arts teachers. We hope to see you at one of our upcoming events!
If you’re hosting an event you’d like to share, submit your event here.
- This event has passed.
DC International School Black History Month Culture Fest
February 11, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The DC International School library was a “booth” at our school-wide Black History Month Culture Fest. In the library we offered:
- Multiple displays of books by Black authors that community members could browse
- A display of books that have won the Coretta Scott King and Walter Dean Myers Awards
- Question prompts such as “What is your favorite Black book?” and “Who is your favorite Black Author” and space for answers to be written
- Read alouds by current students
- Shelf talker creation – where community members write a blurb to advertise books we have in our collection