Welcome to the NCTE event calendar! Here, you can find a list of events, including webinars, workshops, and in-person conferences. These events provide opportunities for English language arts teachers to learn new strategies and techniques, network with colleagues, and stay up-to-date on the latest research and best practices in the field.
If you have an event that you would like to submit to be included on the NCTE event calendar, please fill out the event submission form. To be considered, events must align with the mission of NCTE and be of professional interest to English language arts teachers. We hope to see you at one of our upcoming events!
If you’re hosting an event you’d like to share, submit your event here.
- This event has passed.
Notre Dame High School African American Read-In
February 10, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Music at the beginning of the event, while we are clicking students into the zoom
- Introduction to the event https://ncte.org/get-involved/african-american-read-in-toolkit/
- Student to read “Still I Rise” Maya Angelou – I will share the screen with the text of the poem so students can follow along as student reads
- African American Literature Khoot game
- Event will end with Amanda Gorman video from inauguration
- Door Prize – Kwame Alexander Book and gift card to local, black owned bookstore https://www.peoplegetreadybooks.com/?q=h.contact
- If students are staying at school that afternoon they can zoom into the event from the cafeteria and snacks will be provided
- A digital folder of short works will be shared with participants at the end of the event.
- Extra credit in English classes for participation