Serve as a Program Reviewer
Serving as a reviewer for NCTE/CAEP
NCTE offers training to prepare education experts to serve as reviewers of English education program reports for CAEP. Qualification and performance expectations are as follows:
- Current membership in NCTE
- Degree in English education, English, or a related area of focus
- Familiarity with the NCTE CAEP Standards
- Teaching or other experience related to P–12 English education
- Ability to make reasoned, unbiased professional judgments about English teacher education programs based on their alignment with NCTE CAEP Standards
- Commitment to completing reviews by specified deadlines
- Participation in reviewer training annually (NCTE Conference)
- Confidentiality of information and results
- Ability to work toward consensus in team discussions
The application (below) must be submitted and approved by the NCTE CAEP SPA coordinator. Upon approval, reviewers will receive more information about reviewer training.
Training occurs each year at the NCTE Annual Convention. In 2023, the event will take place in Columbus, Ohio, from November 16 to 19.
Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity.