English Language Arts
NCTE members come from many different contexts. Joining one of these groups provides access to resources and experiences tailored to particular interests and needs.
Guidelines for Becoming a Recognized ELATE State or Regional Affiliate
- The focus of the affiliate must be English Education.
- Officers of the affiliate must be members of English Language Arts Teacher Educators of the National Council of Teachers of English.
- Affiliate General Membership may include both ELATE members and non-members but is expected to include a minimum of at least 2/3 active ELATE members.
- Each affiliate will provide a list of official members to the ELATE. These members will be included in an invitation to affiliates to a State Affiliates Meeting at the NCTE Annual Conference.
- Each affiliate group shall submit minutes of meetings and/or a yearly report of
activities to the Affiliate Subcommittee of ELATE.
Currently Recognized ELATE Affiliates
For additional information or to speak with someone about becoming a recognized ELATE Affiliate, please write to email@example.com.