In the past year, literacy educators like you have met unprecedented challenges with commitment, compassion, and resilience. The NCTE community has shown that we are stronger together.Join Now
Dynamic Learning Opportunities
Since March 2020, NCTE has hosted more than 130 virtual events, many of which were available only to NCTE members. Previous guests have included Ibram X. Kendi, Jason Reynolds, Jacqueline Woodson, David Kessler, and Ruta Sepetys, to name a few.
NCTE members have access to the following resources:
- Hundreds of free members-only literary and professional development events and webinars
- A subscription to the Council Chronicle, the quarterly magazine available exclusively for NCTE members
- Support when facing censorship challenges, including a direct connection to legal advice and a free guide, the Free Expression Educators Handbook
- 1,800+ journal issues in our digital journal archive
- Discounts on NCTE professional books and select products and services
- Access to life, health, auto, and professional liability insurance through the Trust for Insuring Educators
- A wide range of practical instructional materials written and vetted by NCTE members and expert colleagues
- The knowledge that your membership supports NCTE programs that benefit culturally relevant teaching, including the National Day on Writing, the African American Read-In, and teacher mentoring initiatives
Putting Students’ Needs at the Forefront
NCTE is leading the way in student-centered literacy policy advocacy.
This year, NCTE members enjoyed free registration to the 2021 NCTE Virtual Leadership and Advocacy Summit, a daylong event designed to empower literacy educators to lead positive change at the local, state, and national levels.
Also in 2021, NCTE’s James R. Squire Office of Policy Research published three policy briefs to address the urgency in expanding literacy instruction to ensure students are prepared to thrive in a world that is increasingly diverse and influenced by digital media.Join Now
An Individual Membership is for K–university teachers, administrators, and other education professionals.
Individual members enjoy all member benefits, including voting in Council elections, a subscription to the Council Chronicle and INBOX, discounts on NCTE books and events, and much more.
Regular Membership: $50 annually
Green Membership: $45 annuallyJoin Now
A Student Membership is for undergraduate or graduate students preparing for careers as literacy educators.
Student members are not eligible to vote in NCTE elections but have access to other NCTE member benefits.
Regular Membership: $25 annually
Green Membership: $22.50 annuallyJoin Now