February 2022 Section Steering Committee Report
1. How might your section steering committee support NCTE’s efforts and/or members in the upcoming spring semester, particularly with all of the unknown factors caused by the ongoing pandemic? What does your steering committee need to be successful during this unprecedented time?
2. Describe how the section steering committee’s work this year will advance the Council towards its strategic plan.
Review a copy of the
3. Are there any existing and/or emerging issues of general concern among section members or of the profession at large that the committee is currently working on or will be focusing on in the future? These may be related to topical issues in the section’s area of specialty.
For each issue related to #3 above:
What process is being used to delve into this issue or concern?
How long has this issue been in consideration?
What is the progress to date?
Have pertinent documents and/or other information been gathered to enrich discussion of those concerns, and recommended courses of action prepared for the committee and/or for the Executive Committee to consider?
Are there any ways in which NCTE staff or the Executive Committee can be of assistance?
4. Provide an update on the section’s Annual Convention and award activities planned for 2022, and any reflections on the 2021 Annual Convention that may be helpful as our plans evolve.
5. Please identify any other key education trends or issues that could be addressed by the Council (via publications, including the Section journal, etc.).