Application Deadline: December 1
To be considered for membership on the Orbis Pictus Award Committee, submit the application form, current vitae or resume, and one example of a book annotation, book review, or evaluative comments about a recent nonfiction book. This example should be written by the applicant.Application Form
- Chair of the Committee (serves 2 year appointment)
- Seven members representing various regions of the United States and professions (academic, classroom teacher, librarian, etc).
- Members serve a 3 year appointment with 2-3 new members selected each year.
- Current NCTE members.
- Not currently serving on any other national book committees (ALA, IRA, NCTE, or other).
- Read all nonfiction books received in consideration for the award.
- Participate in all activities of the committee during the year including online discussions, submissions of suggested books.
- Attend the NCTE Annual Convention during the three years of membership on the committee.
- Present at the NCTE Annual Convention during the Orbis Pictus session(s).
- Attend the Children’s Book Awards Luncheon during the NCTE Annual Convention when the Orbis Pictus winner and honor books are recognized and announced.
- Write book annotations for Language Arts and submit by deadline established by Chair.
Committee members may be removed at any time during the three-year appointment if s/he does not fulfill the expectations and responsibilities stated above.