Every April, on Poem in Your Pocket Day, people celebrate by selecting a poem, carrying it with them, and sharing it with others throughout the day at schools, bookstores, libraries, parks, workplaces, and on Twitter using the hashtag #pocketpoem. –Academy of American Poets
Here are some ideas to help you celebrate Poem in Your Pocket Day on April 27!
- Warm up by listening to a poem or watching poetry being performed.
- Review some poetry anthologies or notable poetry books.
- Create poetry using an online tool or app.
- Publish a single poem or create an anthology.
- Perform a poem for and with others.
Still looking for a poem for your pocket? Try this one – with a title perfect for this day!