With more than 600 sessions to choose from and more than 6,000 fellow educators to meet, you can really shape NCTE’s Annual Convention to meet your speciﬁc needs. But in case you’re looking for a solid list of reasons to attend, we’ve got you covered:
- REFRESH your practice with the latest ideas and innovations in the field.
- CONNECT (in person!) with the authors you and your students are reading right now.
- FOCUS on a particular facet of teaching you’d like to rejuvenate and then customize your schedule to attend several sessions on that topic.
- FIND your community when you attend special sessions just for elementary, middle, secondary, or college Sections of our membership.
- BUILD your library. The Exhibit Hall offers hundreds of booths to visit, resources at greatly reduced prices, and enough giveaways to ﬁll several suitcases.
- SHARE what you learn with colleagues back home by offering to provide professional learning when you return to your school.
- GET CREDIT for what you learn by securing continuing education credits through the University of San Diego. Learn more here.
- GAIN PERSPECTIVE when you network with other educators who work in settings similar to and different from your own.
- EXPERIENCE Houston, a vibrant city. There is so much to see and do, and the food is fabulous!
- BE INSPIRED by the incredible work English teachers are doing in schools and communities throughout the country. You might even find yourself wanting to submit a proposal for #NCTE19! Visit here for a toolkit to help you make the case to attend!
For a little more inspiration, be sure to flip through the 2018 NCTE Convention Preview to get an even larger sample of what’s in store for you in Houston in November.
Ready? Go ahead and register now!