Today educators are gathering on Capitol Hill to speak to legislators about pieces of NCTE’s 2015 Education Policy Platform. Even if you can’t join us in person for Literacy Education Advocacy Day, you can be part of the action on your home turf.
- Share this letter with your federal legislators.
- Follow and contribute to the Twitter feed from the day at #literacyadvocacy.
- Read these three recommendations for policymakers that we’ll be sharing in meetings all day.
- Choose one or two of the talking points from these recommendations and call your legislators to share them. How do you do that? Find their contact information here: US Senators / Congressional representatives.
- Commit to something literacy related that you want to raise awareness about this year, write it on this template, take a photo of yourself with your statement, and share it on social media with the hashtag #literacyadvocacy.