Committee Against Racism and Bias in the Teaching of English
The Committee Against Racism and Bias in the Teaching of English is charged to investigate and make recommendations to counteract racism and racial bias in teaching materials, methods, and programs for language arts, English, and humanities and to recommend to the NCTE Executive Committee considerations related to professional learning and practice regarding teaching linguistically and culturally diverse students, with the assistance of appropriate scholars and experts, as well as careful documentation from the research base for the recommendations.
If you would like to be considered for possible membership on this committee, please send the following information to NCTECommittees@ncte.org.
- Member Number (If you are not currently a member, please provide your address).
- Email Address
- A brief biographical statement
- Resume/CV and any relevant experience
Area(s) of Expertise
Committee Member Expectations
- Attend meetings
- Help to solicit or create blog posts
- Provide or propose topics and content for in-person events, virtual events, and Annual Convention sessions
- Assist the chair and NCTE staff in creating and executing these events as you are able
- Support the chair in their vision and ideas for the committee by using your skills, expertise, and time
- Provide input on the workings of the committee
- Time Commitment: Over 1 year
- Deadline: No deadline
- Position Type: Appointed by Committee Chair
- Convention travel preferred
Questions? Contact NCTECommittees@ncte.org