The Elementary and Secondary Education Act is up for reauthorization, so you’re going to be hearing a lot about it in the news. The following resources will get you up to speed on developments with the law, and as you’ll see below, it’s going to be on NCTE’s radar.
“We support dedicated funding streams in the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and/or the Higher Education Act (HEA).” — 2015 NCTE Education Policy Platform
- View the Senate version of ESEA and H.R. 5, the Student Success Act; more information on H.R. 5 can be found on the House Education website.
- Review the 2015 NCTE Education Policy Platform and NCTE’s Recommendations to Policymakers.
- Sign up to receive updates on ESEA.
- Call or set up a meeting with your representative when he or she visits your district.
- Give your opinion; visit Creating a New Federal Law: Have You Asked Me?