We want to help you get the most out of your first NCTE Annual Convention experience, so before you pack for your trip, please take note of some important information for first-time attendees:
- Be sure to join us for a special First-Timers’ Welcome at 7 a.m. on Friday, November 16, where longtime NCTE members Donalyn Miller and Ernest Morrell will welcome newcomers. Veteran attendees will be seated at every table to talk with you about how to get the most out of your convention experience. You will have coffee and conversation—and you won’t want to miss it!
- Connect with others at the Section Get-Togethers. The Section Get-Togethers are an amazing opportunity to meet other educators with similar interests! These events do NOT require a ticket or RSVP. Join us on Thursday, November 15, 5:45–7:15 p.m., for the Elementary Section Get-Together, the Middle Level Meet-Up, and the Secondary Section Get-Together. An afternoon session for college educators will take place on Saturday, November 17.
- Join Us on Twitter! Are you planning to tweet from the Convention? Do you want to follow other conversations? Don’t forget the hashtag! #NCTE18
- Plan your schedule in advance! No need to wait until you get to Houston to plan the sessions you’d like to attend. The Online Searchable Program and the 2018 convention app are great ways to get a feel for the happenings at Convention.
- Meet Your Favorite Authors! Many award-winning authors will be scheduled to do author signings in the Exhibit Hall. A complete list of signings will be available onsite in Houston in addition to being posted online. Plan to be in the Exhibit Hall to meet your favorites!
- Stop by NCTE Central. This NCTE’s bookstore where you can browse the latest publications and merch. Say hello to NCTE staff members, who will be on hand to answer questions about membership and more!
Be sure to flip through the 2018 NCTE Convention Preview to get a peek at what’s in store for you in Houston in November.
Convinced? Go Register Now!