Charlotte Huck Award for Outstanding Fiction for Children
The Charlotte Huck Award® was established in 2014 to promote and recognize excellence in the writing of fiction for children. In particular the award recognizes fiction that has the potential for transforming children’s lives by inviting compassion, imagination, and wonder.
The award is presented at the Children’s Book Awards Luncheon at the NCTE Annual Convention.
The NCTE Charlotte Huck Award® for Outstanding Fiction for Children Committee is charged to select the recipient of the annual Charlotte Huck Award® and up to five honor books, and to promote the use of children’s fiction books in the classroom.
If you would like to be considered for possible membership on this committee, please send the following information to NCTECommittees@ncte.org.
- Member Number (If you are not currently a member, please provide your address).
- Email Address
- A brief biographical statement
- Resume/CV and any relevant experience
Area(s) of Expertise
Committee Member Expectations
- Attend meetings
- Support the chair in their vision and ideas for the committee by using your skills, expertise, and time
- Provide input on the workings of the committee
- Propose books for review
- Read and review hundreds of books, making the final selections at the Annual Convention
- Attend the Annual Convention for events related to the awards
- Time Commitment: Over 1 year
- Deadline: 12/01/2023
- Position Type: Appointed by Committee Chair
- Convention travel expected
Questions? Contact NCTECommittees@ncte.org