Standing Committee on Diversity and Inclusivity
- Advise NCTE on efforts to foster diversity and inclusivity among members and potential members, including (but not restricted to) in terms of race, ethnicity, sex and gender identity, age, economic status, physical ability, and teaching circumstances. Work in concert with the NCTE Executive Committee and Executive Director on specific assignments that ensure equity and diversity within membership.
- Identify strategies to employ the resources and values of diversity and inclusivity to advance NCTE’s mission for all members, our students, and our constituencies.
- Provide annual or biannual analyses of the effectiveness of NCTE diversity and inclusivity initiatives, and to make recommendations based on that analysis.
- Identify existing research or resources that can support a diverse NCTE membership and their professional needs. Identify gaps or opportunities that might be met with new research or resources.
If you would like to be considered for possible membership on this committee, please send the following information to NCTECommittees@ncte.org.
- Member Number (If you are not currently a member, please provide your address).
- Email Address
- A brief biographical statement
- Resume/CV and any relevant experience
Area(s) of Expertise
Committee Member Expectations
- Attend meetings that typically monthly for about one hour
- Help to solicit or create blog posts
- Provide or propose topics and content for in-person events, virtual events, and Annual Convention sessions
- Assist the chair and NCTE staff in creating and executing these events as you are able
- Support the chair in their vision and ideas for the committee by using your skills, expertise, and time
- Provide input on the workings of the committee
- Time Commitment: Over 1 year
- Deadline: No deadline
- Position Type: Appointed by Committee Chair
- Convention travel preferred
Questions? Contact NCTECommittees@ncte.org