Standing Committee on Literacy Assessment
Assessment continues to inform, even drive, curricula and pedagogies. Because it influences literacy teaching and learning—across the country and across every section of the Council—literacy assessment is a shared concern and a shared challenge. This committee will have the following charge:
- To monitor developments in assessment policies and practices
- To inform Council leaders and NCTE members, as they consider policy and advocacy, about ways assessment practices are impacting teachers.
- To identify assessment practices that support the kinds of teaching and learning that research in literacy, language arts, literature, and composition studies demonstrates as most significant and effective.
- To identify opportunities or needs for NCTE research and/or publications on literacy assessment.
If you would like to be considered for possible membership on this committee, please send the following information to NCTECommittees@ncte.org.
- Member Number (If you are not currently a member, please provide your address).
- Email Address
- A brief biographical statement
- Resume/CV and any relevant experience
Area(s) of Expertise
Committee Member Expectations
- Attend meetings
- Help to solicit or create blog posts
- Provide or propose topics and content for in-person events, virtual events, and Annual Convention sessions
- Assist the chair and NCTE staff in creating and executing these events as you are able
- Support the chair in their vision and ideas for the committee by using your skills, expertise, and time
- Provide input on the workings of the committee
- Time Commitment: Over 1 year
- Deadline: No deadline
- Position Type: Appointed by Committee Chair
- Convention travel expected
Questions? Contact NCTECommittees@ncte.org