Current TAWL Groups
Alabama TAWL, Birmingham, AL
Contact: Sue Seay
Center for Expansion of Language & Thinking (CELT), Bloomington, IN
Contact: Ann M. Alexander
Central Illinois TAWL, Mahomet, IL
Contact: Deborah MacPhee
Louisville TAWL, Louisville, KY
Contact: Kathryn Whitmore
Mid-Missouri TAWL, Columbia, MO
Contact: Nancy Knipping
North Fork TAWL, Mattituck, NY
Contact: David P. Schultz
Tucson TAWL, Tucson, AZ
Contact: Caryl Crowell
For additional contact information or to join one of these groups, email email@example.com
Unique Advantages for TAWL Group Members:
- A subscription to the WLU journal, Talking Points
(one subscription per group through the group’s contact person)
- Voting privileges at the Delegates Assembly meeting at the WLU Literacies for All Summer Institute (each TAWL group member, as evidenced by the membership roster of a current TAWL group, is entitled to one vote)
- Ability to obtain tax-exempt status for the group through the NCTE.
- Use of the WLU logo on TAWL publications and conference materials.
- Invitation to attend the WLU Executive Board meetings at the WLU Literacies for All Summer Institute and at the NCTE Annual Convention.
- Access to online resources and communities maintained by WLU and NCTE.