You do exceptional things in the classroom every single day. NCTE is here to recognize them.
ELATE National Technology Leadership Award
Each year, English Language Arts Teacher Educators (ELATE) identifies a recipient of the ELATE National Technology Leadership Fellowship Award. The award provides an opportunity to present at the annual Society for Information Technology in Teacher Education (SITE) international conference in Las Vegas, NV, on March 25–March 29, 2023 (https://site.aace.org/conf/), with a complimentary conference registration. The award winner is still responsible for travel costs.
All NCTE members, especially ELATE members, are encouraged to nominate themselves or a colleague whose accepted 2023 NCTE Annual Convention proposal demonstrates cutting-edge and generative methods of integrating newer technologies into teacher education courses or workshops. In addition to teacher education faculty and graduate students, preK-12 teachers may also be nominated.
The criteria for this award include NCTE 2023 sessions which:
- Focus on theoretically sound and research-based methods of teaching the English language arts/literacy in which the technology is a secondary rather than primary focus;
- Use technology to create beneficial opportunities for English language arts/literacy learning that could not exist without the technology;
- Improve students’ mastery of English language arts/literacy learning;
- Use technology to address challenges faced by many English language arts/literacy teachers and/or students or the broader community; or
- Introduce new methods for teaching the English language arts/literacy with the use of newer technologies in ways that show promise of working well in widely divergent educational settings.
Nominations must be e-mailed to D-LITE Committee Co-Chairs, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than November 10, 2023, by 11:59 p.m. PT. The subject line of the email should contain the subject NTLI Fellowship Award Application. Each nomination must include the following:
- Presenter’s name and contact information (home and school addresses and phone numbers),
- NCTE 2023 session title and description (and, if possible, the session number, day and time),
- A copy of the session proposal, and
- A brief statement explaining how the presentation illustrates the characteristics the award is intended to identify (see above bullet points)
The proposals will go through a blind peer-reviewed process and the award recipient will be notified in December 2023.
NOTE: If you are interested in serving as a reviewer for this award, please contact Meredith Garcia (email@example.com).