Submit a Journal Article
NCTE publishes eleven professional journals, including at least one for each membership section. Volunteer editors ensure that the peer-reviewed content is of the highest quality and is relevant to the professional lives of NCTE members and subscribers. Because these journals are all published through different volunteer editors, the submission guidelines vary:
• College Composition and Communication (Malea Powell, editor)
• College English (Lori Ostergaard, editor)
• English Education (Melanie Shoffner, editor)
• English Journal (Toby Emert and R. Joseph Rodríguez, coeditors)
• English Leadership Quarterly (Henry “Cody” Miller, editor)
• FORUM: Issues about Part-Time and Contingent Faculty (Trace Daniels-Lerberg, editor)
• Language Arts (Rick Coppola, Sandra L. Osorio, and Rebecca Woodard, coeditors)
• Research in the Teaching of English (Gerald Campano, Amy Stornaiuolo, and Ebony Elizabeth Thomas, coeditors)
• Talking Points (Patricia Paugh and Sherry Sanden, coeditors)
• Teaching English in the Two-Year College (Darin Jensen, editor)
• Voices from the Middle (Shanetia Clark, Robyn Seglem, and Matt Skillen, coeditors)
Submit a Lesson Plan
ReadWriteThink offers free, high-quality lesson plans written by everyday educators as well as experts in the field of English education.
Share your Story or Quote
The NCTE Village is a new initiative designed to celebrate and elevate the stories, experiences, and wisdom of our members. You can submit a story or a short quote for sharing on the site.
Write a Blog Post
Literacy & NCTE welcomes submissions of original pieces from NCTE members on a variety of topics that impact teachers and students.