The Conference on English Leadership (CEL) Virtual Social Networking Hours are open to CEL members, NCTE members, as well as non-members. Want to see if CEL is a place for you to learn professionally? These sessions are casual and serve to connect literacy leaders in our work, challenges, and movements. Join one or more sessions to connect with other literacy leaders.
Here is the schedule for the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 CEL Virtual Social Hours:
- Friday, September 22, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT
- Thursday, October 19, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT
- Thursday, November 9, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT
- Friday, December 8, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT
- Thursday, January 18, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT
- Thursday, February 22, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT
- Thursday, March 21, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT
- Thursday, April 25, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT
- Thursday, May 16, 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT
Registration will open soon for these events.
Those who sign up will receive an email receipt when they register, and will also receive reminders the week before and then also the day before or morning of the social hour.
“On Leadership” Series
The “On Leadership” series supports literacy leaders as they work to build capacity in their schools, districts, and communities. Each event is 60 minutes long and begins with a “fireside chat” conversation with a featured guest for the first 25-30 minutes. Participants then move into breakout rooms (sometimes based on a specific subtopic and other times based on role or grade level) where designated CEL members help facilitate a discussion around the specific topic.
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 7:00–8:30 p.m. ET – AI in English Leadership: Problems, Potentials, and Possible Futures featuring Troy Hicks. Registration coming soon.
Zoom links and more information specific to each event will be sent during the week of each event.
This is a members-only series. If you have colleagues, friends, or associates who want to attend but are not members, encourage them to join CEL! They can sign up to become a member online or by calling NCTE customer service at 877-369-6283. To do so, they need to become an NCTE member and add English Leadership Quarterly journal to their account. Enrolling in that subscription is how one becomes a CEL member.
CEL Talks Podcast
This podcast series is brought to you by the Conference on English Leadership (CEL), a collaborative, dynamic, discussion-based forum for literacy leaders organized under the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). Every year and in every episode, we honor conversations around texts, speakers, and big ideas. We believe it’s essential for leaders to maintain and move conversations. Welcome to the conversation!Listen Now