NCTE members come from many different contexts. Joining one of these groups provides access to resources and experiences tailored to particular interests and needs.
January / February
- February 28—Pending Update in January 2024: Affiliate and assembly group tax exemption forms are due.
March / April
- By Mid-March: Affiliates and student affiliates receive information and applications for awards.
- March or April: CCCC Convention.
- Month of April: NCTE Advocacy and Leadership Summit
- Early April: NCTE ballots are mailed.
- June 1: Deadline for receipt of NCTE ballots at NCTE headquarters.
- By Mid-June: Annual report reminders mailed to affiliates.
- Mid-June: NCTE Directors receive minutes of the last Annual Business Meeting of the Board of Directors for reporting to the members of their affiliate.
- June 30: Applications for most affiliate awards are due.
- June or July: ELATE and CCCC Summer Conferences
- July: Affiliate Leadership Meeting held every other year for all affiliates. Each affiliate sends up to four representatives.
- July 15: Applications for Affiliate Excellence Awards are due.
- Mid July: Literacies and Languages for All (LLA) Summer Institute.
August / September
- Early August: Register for the NCTE Annual Convention and secure a hotel room. See the September Convention Preview or the NCTE website for details on registration and hotel information.
- August 15: Affiliate annual reports due, including the online survey, updated rosters, dues.
- September 15: Last day for receipt of affiliate dues and name(s) of NCTE Director(s) in order to be represented at the Annual Business Meeting of the Board of Directors.
- September 15: Deadline for submitting student affiliate roster updates, dues, annual report forms, and editor reports.
October / November
- Make last-minute preparations for the NCTE Annual Convention. Note that if your NCTE Director is unable to attend the Convention, you can designate an alternate to attend in their place.
- October 15: Deadline for submitting resolutions to the NCTE Resolutions Committee Chair.
- October 20: NCTE National Day on Writing.
- Early November: Board of Directors packets emailed to all designated directors by early November.
- November 15—Pending Update in January 2024: Deadline for filing affiliate income tax with IRS if your group is a member of the NCTE Tax-Exempt Group.
- Late November: NCTE Annual Convention.
- December 1: Newly elected and appointed NCTE officers, committee chairs, and members of the Standing Committee on Affiliates take office.